Tuesday 20 November 2012

PRE-CHRISTMAS PARTY DRESSES

Hello people... Sorry for the long silence. Have been super busy at work and everywhere, just didn't seem to get my head together for a second and do any blogging. But now, I've had a few days off and taken some time for myself and done only relaxing stuff that I like and am interested in. Been reading some Freud, flickered through Vogue and Styleby, read some fashion blogs ( haven't had time to keep up with those either!) and watched Rachel Zoe Project from my laptop. Feeling a bit more inspired than I've felt for a long long time... All I've wanted to wear lately has been my trackie bottoms and a hoodie... I think that tells you something about the need to relax. I kinda lost my inspiration too, and didn't want to go through all the fashion crises.

I love Rachel Zoe and her style, and I'd love to dress like her, but I just don't feel like it's my kind of thing. I'm so much more of a rock chic, but her red carpet looks do resemble the way I'd love to look at parties.

Pre-Christmas parties might be knocking on the door already,  and guess what, I am prepared. I've got already an idea of what to wear this holiday season. And I've got a few predictions of what are the things that I'll end up wearing.

This is my much-loved vintage sequin dress. It's verty short and quite baggy ( it used to have shoulder pads but I removed them), so I usually tie it up from the waist with a thin thread ( that way the sequins won't suffer as they would if I wore a belt, and the thread won't show under the fabric). This is one of my go-for dresses - it saves the
 day pretty often. 

 This is a completely new one. It's H&M, and I LOVE the "diamond" details! I saw it in an advertisement and I HAD to have it. My colleagues even said it's just my kind of a dress... I think this one's gonna be a party favourite ;) It's good because I can also wear it for dinners and on special days like  Independence Day without being overdressed.
 This beauty is also from H&M. It was one of those Gift Of The Week- items, so it's available for a certain time only. So those who are interested, get yours quick! It's a pretty dress and was very cheap - just 14,95! There are sheer details at the sides and on the shoulders - and at the hem of course, as it's a mullet hem dress. It's got details in it but it's still very versatile, so you can make countless combos with different accessories.


This golden goddess-dress from Cubus is quite old, I bought it about it in the summer, but I've never worn it (embarassing)... Because Christmas is the season of bling and metallics, I thought that this one would be perfect for the season. What do you think?

Which one's your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

A 20-year old girl from Finland trying to make a career in fashion. Blogging about my personal style and all things fashion that interest me.